At our English Language school in Brighton we understand that different students have different needs. The school's "learner-centred" approach to teaching English enables our teachers to meet your individual needs. Courses cover practice in all four skill areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening. However, you will find the focus of our General English Programs is on speaking and listening - generally the main requirements of today's modern English speaker.
A typical General English program includes:
- Developing and improving your spoken English to make you a clearer and more confident speaker
- Developing your listening and comprehension skills
- Learning and reviewing the basic grammatical structures of the English language
- Everyday English - language that you can use in real-life situations, both spoken and written
- Reading practice and comprehension testing
For all General English courses you will use a text book, which forms the basis of your study. Text books are also supplemented a variety of authentic materials.
The minimum course length for General English is 1 week. There is no upper limit, although if you plan to study for 6 months or more we would recommend our specially discounted International Semester and Academic Year program.