TEFL is the general term for the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language. It is a global industry that provides many employment opportunities world-wide. Jeffreys Bay Language School offers you the unique course introducing you to the world of TEFL.
The course focuses on:
- How to earn a living teaching English in South Africa and abroad.
- The teaching methods used at TEFL schools
- The skills that you need to teach foreign students
- Books and materials with which employers will expect you to be familiar
- Practicing your teaching in supervised groups
This is an intensive certificate course, which is a prerequisite for working in the industry - in South Africa or abroad. It is an excellent springboard for further qualifications and will allow you to decide if TEFL is for you.
You will be taught in small groups by highly experienced trainers, who make learning fun and easy. The cost of the course is also highly competitive. Successful candidates will finish the course with a TEFL/TESOL certificate.
- Minimum age of 17 years
- Matric certificate (or equivalent)
- Competency in English
- No prior teaching experience is necessary!