The School cultural, social and sporting program has been designed to enable you to meet New Zealanders and make the most of your time outside the classroom. Activities are arranged every afternoon, every weekend and after school. There is a social evening every Thursday and regular trips to the theatre, sporting events and restaurants.
These are some examples of things to do in Auckland:
- Auckland War Memorial Museum - don't make the mistake of thinking this is just a war museum. This is a general museum and one of the best in New Zealand. It stands in an imposing position in the Auckland Domain, a large park on an extinct volcano.
- The Waitakere Ranges - Auckland's best kept secret. With stunning waterfalls breath taking views and rugged but beautiful beaches. This is a slice of paradise not to be missed.
- Sky Jump - a cable controlled base jump from a height of 192m on Sky Tower.
- Wine tasting on Waiheke Island - Waiheke is home to some fantastic wines and has some of the best beaches in the area. Can get crowded during the weekends, but very quiet during the week, it seems a world away from Auckland, and is only 35 minutes away via Ferry.
- Walk up one of Auckland's many volcanic cones - drive or walk up one of Auckland's many volcanic cones such as One Tree Hill or Mount Eden to experience panoramic views of the city, and to see sheep and cows in a major metropolitan area!
- Potiki Adventures - spend a day exploring the beauty of contemporary Maori culture in Auckland's city centre and urban bush sites.