Living in Italy - even if it is only for a short time - is a unique experience, full of opportunities. Rome is a lively metropolis, with an exciting cultural scene.
The city offers a broad range of events throughout the year to satisfy the tastes of all age groups. It has the world's largest outdoor museum, hundreds of churches, countless monuments, museums, galleries, theaters and cinemas.
There are frequent concerts of all types of music - opera, classical, jazz, rock, etc. The school's cultural program makes it possible for you to enjoy the city and its events while learning Italian. Besides the Italian language courses the following activities are offered on a regular basis:
- Introduction to Rome: the town, its services, and its cultural events.
- Guided tours of Rome: Art history itinerary; Italian architecture itinerary.
- Italian Cinema: Presentation and viewing of films of representative Italian directors
- Italian Literature: The new Italian writers.
- The Regions of Italy: history, culture, traditions, and life today.
- Italian "Opera".
- Italian songwriters.
- Excursions during the week-end to Naples, Pompeii, Orvieto, Florence and to the seaside
- Excursions and visits to the city's glorious parks (Villa Doria Pamphili, Parco della Caffarella, Appia Antica, etc.)
- Sports: soccer and beach volleyball games
During the summer, the city hosts the famous "Estate Romana" (arts festival), offering an impressive number of outdoor events, including concerts, dance, theater, cinema, etc. In this period, the Italian language school organizes evenings out where teachers accompany students to various events.