Just as every region of Italy - from Piedmont to Sicily - has its own cultural identity, each also has its own culinary specialties.
At our school, we help you develop your own Italian culinary art skills through the celebration of traditional and innovative cooking techniques, all the while promoting the knowledge and enjoyment of Italian regional cuisines and wines. All courses are taught in English.
Learn how to craft a fine meal, using all the tools of the trade: culinary skills development, meal planning, meat and vegetable cutting, knife skills, Italian baking and pastry, fine patisserie, potage, soups and creams, fresh pasta and sauces, wine tasting and appreciation, correct execution of classic recipes and food preservation.
Culinary Arts Study Abroad Program in Florence.
Culinary Arts courses offered in Florence (each course is 3 credits / 45 hours):
- The Food of Italy
- Wine and Culture I: Wines of Italy
- Mediterranean Natural Remedies: Theory and Practice
- The Civilization of Italian Wine
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Current Trends in Italian Cuisine
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Cuisines
- Wine and Culture II: Wines of Tuscany
- Film and Food: Exploring Movies through Cooking
- Topics in Nutrition: Italian Style Cooking
- Italian Food and Culture: Pairing Food & Wine
- The Science of Food, Health and Wellbeing
- The History of Italian Cuisine
- Italian Food for Festivals and Festivities
- Jewish-Italian Cooking Traditions
- Celebrating Italian Style: Food and Culture in Contemporary Italy
- Italian Food and Culture II: Advanced Pairing Food & Wine
Click here to review Dates and Fees