Designed for Medical and Health Care students or professionals. Now a days, Spanish is becoming more and more needed in the health care field. The Medical Spanish and Volunteering program gives our students the opportunity to improve their Spanish language skills (High Beginner Level required for this program) while being totally immerse in the Honduran culture.
It is designed for Medical students, Physicians, Nurses, Assistants, Translators and General health workers looking for effective ways to communicate with their patients by experiencing the language right in real situations and being involved directly with Spanish speaking patients and local medical residents at the Public Hospital in La Ceiba, Honduran Red Cross, Emilia D'Cuire primary school for the disable and public clinics.
- In order to participate in this program student must have at least the High Beginner Level of the Spanish language.
- A certification letter from your medical school must be shown before starting your volunteer program as a requirement of the Public Health System of Honduras.
Subjects-Activities to cover:
- Grammar structure, Conversation, Reading and Writing.
- Medical terminology.
- Diagnostic and treatment of tropical and common diseases in the area.
- Communication with patients and local medical resident students.
- Doctor/patient role-plays.
- Volunteering in the afternoons, 20 to 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday).