Our school in Sao Paulo offers courses to students of all language levels, from complete beginners to very advanced students. You will take a placement test that will determine your level. The test will help place you in one of the language levels described below:
To better respond to the individual needs and abilities of our students we offer 5 different levels divided in 8 sub-levels.
- A-1. Beginner I - The knowledge of a beginner student may range from knowing nothing of the language to having basic vocabulary and knowledge of some phrases, but being unable to communicate in the language.
- Beginner II - At a high beginner level, a student can ask and respond to simple questions, ask for information, and relate basic biographical data. A student may understand the basics of a topic if it is familiar and visual aids are used.
- A-2. Pre-Intermediate I and II - At this level, students are capable of managing the language within everyday situations that are predictable. They can talk about personal interests, have survival skills for travel, and can express and recognize some degree of opinion, attitude and mood within a limited conversation.
- B-1 and B-2. Intermediate I and II - At a high intermediate level, a student can manage the basic structures of the language, has a substantial vocabulary, and is confident within routine situations that arise socially, or while traveling. Users at this level can communicate about a substantial range of subjects, express opinions, and give detailed information.
- C-1 and C-2. Advanced I and II - An advanced student has a high degree of fluency and a comfortable use of language structure. Users are aware of the role that the language plays within the culture and can adapt their language use according to the situation. They can manage themselves easily within routine areas, can maintain lengthy casual conversations, and have a wide range of expressions.
The teachers and coordinators at our school are constantly evaluating your progress to assure that you are learning as productively as possible as well as enjoying your stay. As proof of your efforts, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of your course. If you are seeking college credit and need additional documentation, we will be happy to provide that for you. For more information, please see our U.S. College Credit page.