Winter Junior Holiday English ESL programs in Manhattan, New York
Our English Winter program for Teens in New York City offer learners aged 13 - 17 from all over the world the opportunity to improve their English language skills, explore the "Big Apple" and enjoy one of the world's greatest cities and a varied and exciting activity program.
Our winter junior program is an all-inclusive English program for students aged 13 to 17. With over 38 years of experience, we have designed this very unique English program to not only improve teenagers' English language skills, but to spark interest in local culture, discover the attractions and history of the city, and make American and international friends!
Junior Holiday English ESL Program Highlights:
- 10 General English lessons per week
- 10 lessons per week in an elective (Media, Dance, Fashion or Culture)
- Residence Accommodations in double rooms
- Three meals per day Mondays to Fridays, two meals per day on weekends
- One full and three half day excursions per week
- Organized, staff-led afternoon and evening activities
We also offer Winter Junior program without accommodations:
- Day Camp: classes, lunch and activities (09.00 to 18.00).
- English classes only 09.00 to 13.00 on Mondays to Fridays
Add-On to your program:
- Dance Lessons at Broadway Dance Center 2 dance lessons, 90 minutes each. Total 3 hours per week (price $65/week)
Winter Program duration: Students can register for 2 to 4 weeks within the program dates.
Dates: December 30, 2018 to January 26, 2019
All arrivals are on Sundays. All departures are on Saturdays.
Student visa is not required to attend this program. You can come to the US on a tourist visa or visa waiver program.
Click here to review the prices.
The Winter Juniors price includes all: classes, workshops, activities, excursions, accommodation and meals (full board weekdays, brunch and dinner weekends).
Learn English with the Winter Junior Program
The Winter Juniors program is centered around the General English classes. The English program emphasizes conversational skills in the classroom reinforced by staff-led workshops and field trips in the New York City.
English classes are student-centered, communicative, and designed for teens by highly qualified, experienced native-speaking teachers. In addition to their often impressive ESL credentials, many of Rennert's teachers have interesting backgrounds in acting, art, music, dance, sports, finance, film, law and information technology.
To add to the experience of being in New York, Winter Juniors will study New York and American culture for 45 minutes per day. These special classes are hands-on and teach students about the history and culture behind the landmarks and museums they will visit during their stay. This class is designed to spark student interest and help students gain understanding of the city and the culture they are discovering.
- 10 General English lessons per week
- 10 elective English lessons per week (Fashion, Media or Culture). Dance has an extra charge
- Small groups with a maximum of 15 students
- Ample speaking time with more one-on-one attention from the instructor
- Three levels, beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Emphasis on speaking, group activities, pair work and presentations
- Certificate upon course completion
Activities at the Winter Junior Program
A junior program would not be complete without innovative, exciting, creative and entertaining activities and excursions. Some of these include:
- Statue of Liberty
- Skating in Rockefeller Center
- Empire State Building
- Natural History Museum
- Brooklyn Museum
- Sony Wonder Tech Lab
- Times Square
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
Students in Winter Juniors program will also have the unique experience of interacting with American teens in a variety of programs and activities they will participate in at the Vanderbilt YMCA in Manhattan. We are proud to announce this exciting program that will teach teens about international communication and relations through activities and workshops such as:
- Youth & Government
- Newsletter Writing/Editing
- Public Speaking
- African Dance
Students will practice their English in different situations, explore this global cultural center, make life-long friendships and experience memorable times.
Click here to review a sample schedule.
Accommodations and Meals
Only two blocks (5 minutes' walk) from the school campus in New York, the Vanderbilt YMCA offers quality guest accommodations for our Winter Juniors students. The building features:
- Free wi-fi
- 24-hour security
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
- Housekeeping services
- Safe-deposit boxes
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
Students will stay in double rooms and each student will have their own bed, blanket, pillow, sheets and towels. The room also includes:
- Cable television
Fully cooked meals are prepared by restaurants and cafés in the surrounding area and less than 10 minutes' walk from school and the Vanderbilt YMCA.
|08:30 - 09:30
|13:00 - 14:00
|18:00 - 19:00
|08:30 - 10:00
|17:30 - 19:30