Application Deadlines and Minimum Age
Normally, we must receive your application and fees no later than 30 days before the program starts. Acceptance of late applications is subject to space availability. To enroll you have to be at least 16 years of age, except special programs for children and teens.
How to apply?
We encourage you to apply online, but you may also print out a printable Application Form from your browser and send it by mail or Fax. Please note that you may apply online only if you pay enrollment fees and deposits online by credit card.
We accept VISA and MasterCard. In our Online Secure Form, we utilize the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) authentication and RC4 128 bit encryption technology. SSL encryption protects information being transmitted across the internet to our processing center.
Please note that we have special enrollment instructions for those of you who want to apply for the following programs:
CELTA and DELTA Teacher Training Courses
International Junior Summer English Camp (10-17 years old).
Family Summer Program (adults and children 7 - 15 years old).
All other courses offered at our school in San Francisco.
You can also print out a monospaced printable application form from your browser, fill in your application and send it by post or by fax. If you use the printable application form, you can make your payment of the registration fee and deposits by credit card, check or international money order or by wire transfer to our bank account.
Please send us the folowing:
- Completed application (printed or online).
- A non-refundable registration fee of US$150, accommodation placement fee of $95 (if accommodations are requested), a tuition deposit of $250 (or $400 if you apply for a 16-week or longer program or for the Summer Family Program) and accommodation deposit of $100 (if accommodations are requested). The tuition deposit is part of the cost of your course and is deducted from the total tuition fees. Similarly, the accommodation deposit is deducted from your total accommodation costs. Please note that your application will be considered only when your payment of the registration fee, accommodation placement fee (if required) and deposits has been received.
Upon receiving your application, application fee and Deposits, we will send you a registration confirmation and invoice. The payment of the balance of fees is due upon receipt of invoice. Your place will be confirmed only when the full payment has been received. Please note that if the I-20 form or Visa Waiver program / Visitor Visa Course Confirmation Letter is required*, we must receive the full payment before we can issue the I-20** form or Visa Waiver program / Visitor Visa Course Confirmation Letter.
You may pay by wire transfer, check or money order, or by credit card. We accept Visa and Mastercard. You will find payment details on the printable monospaced or online secure Application forms.
- * To qualify for a student visa (F-1), you have to register for the course with more than 20 lessons per week (a General English or ISC course with 22 or 28 lessons per week, Platinum English course with 25 or more lessons per week. You can attend courses with 20 lessons per week on a Tourist Visa or Visa Waiver Program.
- ** Before we issue an I-20 we will also have to receive documentary evidence that you have sufficient funds for your stay here in USA. If an I-20 is required, then this documentary evidence must accompany the application form (if you apply online, you may fax the document or send it by mail). We are obliged to hold this information on file for the immigration authorities.
The documentary evidence can be either of the following:
- Supporting evidence of financial means (e.g. a recent bank statement) to cover tuition and living expenses for the duration of their stay.
- A supporting letter of financial responsibility from the parent accompanied by evidence of financial means.
- A letter of sponsorship from a company or organization together with evidence of financial means.
Please note that students will also have to provide this evidence at their USA Embassy (Consulate) when processing their visa.