Our Junior Summer Camp in Oxford is based at Oxford Brookes University, Headington Hill campus, making this an ideal choice for students looking for the classical Oxford experience. Located a short walk from the Oxford town centre, the campus is held to be on the UK's leading modern campuses, offering the highest standards of accommodation, leisure and teaching facilities.
Students study for 20 lessons per week in international classes of up to 15 students. Each lesson lasts for 50 minutes. On their first day students take a test to ensure they are placed in an appropriate level. There are six levels of study, from beginner to advanced. All students receive an end-of-course certificate.
All our teachers are graduates with recognised TEFL certificates, and are extensively briefed on the particular needs of young learners. The language is brought to life through a vibrant and functional approach. In addition to formal language skills training, lessons include project work, videos, games and use a wide variety of modern English language teaching resources.
- Minimum stay is 2 weeks
- Summer Programs for students from 10 to 17 years of age
- 20 lessons per week in the mornings
- Residential accommodation in single en-suite rooms
- All meals
- 2 full day excursion2 per week
- 3 half-day excursions per week
- Afternoon and evening activity programme
- Close supervision and 24-hour emergency telephone number
- Welcome pack - including a free Student bag
- Placement test
- Leaving certificate
Specialised Course: ENGLISH FOR FUTURE LEADERS
Specialised Course is a three-week course, offering 60 lessons of focused training and development sessions. The specialised lessons are supplemented by 6 lessons (5 hours) of general English on 2 afternoons.
Specialised course students will mix in with general program students for meals and some activities. There will be some alternative activities and excursions for students on a specialised course, which will relate to their studies.
While studying leadership, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of:
- Team-work and leading a team
- Debating skills, influencing people and political awareness
- Public speaking techniques and practice
- Business language and strategic problem solving
- Developing a business proposal and a sales strategy
A final business focused project will bring together all of the topics studied.
Students on this course will also have the opportunity to take part in talks by industry leaders and university representatives, as well as visit local businesses and world famous universities.
Click here to review 2018 schedule.