English Summer Camp for Teens is based at University College London (UCL) and the University of Westminster, both ideally located in the heart of the capital and perfect for more independent learners. The campus offers excellent learning and recreational facilities combined with an exciting activity program, allowing students to experience everything London has to offer. Excursions include visits to some of the city's top attractions such as the London Eye and the Tower of London.
With the Westminster classrooms just a short walk away from our UCL residence in fashionable Fitzrovia, this junior summer camp offers the best of all worlds. It is the ideal place for students looking for the London university experience in a supervised yet independent environment.
Our highly skilled teachers will deliver an academic syllabus including topics on Britain's capital, giving students the opportunity to get to know one of the most vibrant and interesting cities in the world!
The program is designed for 2 age groups: 12 - 15 and 16 - 19 years. Students study for 20 lessons per week in international classes of up to 15 students. Each lesson lasts for 50 minutes. On their first day students take a test to ensure they are placed in an appropriate level. There are five levels of study, from elementary to advanced. All students receive an end-of-course certificate.
All our teachers are graduates with recognised TEFL certificates, and are extensively briefed on the particular needs of young learners. The language is brought to life through a vibrant and functional approach. In addition to formal language skills training, lessons include project work, videos, games and use a wide variety of modern English language teaching resources.
- Minimum stay is 2 weeks
- Campus capacity is 150 students
- Summer Program for students from 14 to 18 years of age
- 20 lessons per week in the mornings
- Residential accommodation in single and twin rooms
- All meals
- 2 full day excursion per week
- 2 half-day excursion per week
- Afternoon and evening activity programme
- Return airport transfer
- Close supervision and 24-hour emergency telephone number
- Welcome pack - including a free Student bag
- Placement test
- Leaving certificate
English Plus Options: Students can personalise their course on arrival by adding one of the following English Plus language options, available at no extra cost.
- English Plus Language Workshops, for those who would like more practice in vocabulary and functional language.
- English Plus Performing Arts, for students who would like to explore the language of drama, theatre and dance
- English Plus Speaking & Writing, focused on practising productive skills such as creative writing, public speaking and scriptwriting
Click here to review 2017 schedule.