Founded in 1596, Sidney Sussex is a College of the University of Cambridge and is located in the very heart of this stunning city. The University of Cambridge is the world's leading university, and our campus offers ambitious learners to opportunity to experience living and learning at this international centre of excellence.
The College offers the classical Cambridge experience, with accommodation of an excellent standard. Sidney Sussex's historic dining hall - considered one of the finest at the University - and sculptured lawns make this a perfect choice for the summer.
Students study for 25 lessons per week in international classes of up to 12 students. Each lesson lasts for 50 minutes. On their first day students take a test to ensure they are placed in an appropriate level. There are five levels of study, from elementary to advanced. All students receive an end-of-course certificate.
All our teachers are graduates with recognised TEFL certificates, and are extensively briefed on the particular needs of young learners. The language is brought to life through a vibrant and functional approach. In addition to formal language skills training, lessons include project work, videos, games and use a wide variety of modern English language teaching resources.
- Minimum stay is 2 weeks
- Campus capacity is 65 students
- Summer Programs for students from 14 to 17 years of age
- 25 lessons per week in the mornings
- Residential accommodation in single and twin rooms
- All meals
- 2 full day excursions per week
- 2 half-day excursions per week
- Afternoon and evening activity programme
- Return airport transfer
- Close supervision and 24-hour emergency telephone number
- Welcome pack - including a free Student bag
- Placement test
- Leaving certificate
Specialised Course: ENGLISH FOR FUTURE LEADERS
Specialised Course is a three-week course, offering 60 lessons of focused training and development sessions. The specialised lessons are supplemented by 6 lessons (5 hours) of general English on 2 afternoons.
Specialised course students will mix in with general program students for meals and some activities. There will be some alternative activities and excursions for students on a specialised course, which will relate to their studies.
While studying leadership, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of:
- Team-work and leading a team
- Debating skills, influencing people and political awareness
- Public speaking techniques and practice
- Business language and strategic problem solving
- Developing a business proposal and a sales strategy
A final business focused project will bring together all of the topics studied.
Students on this course will also have the opportunity to take part in talks by industry leaders and university representatives, as well as visit local businesses and world famous universities.
Click here to review 2018 schedule.