Spanish of Americas is for people that have interest in the Colloquial Spanish. The program is 20 hours. The student may spread the hours in different visits and receive a certificate of hours and content for each visit.
Minimum level required: B2
The course is offered as a private or semi-private course (semi-private courses are offered for two students with the same level arriving together).
- Linguistic resources: standard Spanish, colloquial Spanish, slang.
- Resources to express emotionality: intonation, interjections and interjectional expressions, hyperbolic expressions, irony.
- Appellative function: formulas of courtesy, requests, tranquillity; vocatives, fatic formulas, formulas of reaffirmation, agreement and comprehension; formulas for explanations, apologies, and incitement. Forms of address and appeals: diminutives and nicknames.
- Interrogations: inquisitive questions, inquisitive-expressive questions, rhetorical questions
- Affirmations and negations
- Ellipsis and linguistic economy: sentential interruptions, refrains
- Iterations: emphatic and formulary iterations
- Word order: verb-subject inversion, ante-position of other sentential elements.
- Particles: que, pues, pero, si, y.
- The deixis: personal pronouns, impersonalization of speaker, dative of interest. The neutral demonstrative eso: deictic uses.
- Substitutes and fill-ins.
- Colloquial vocabulary - Sayings, idioms and phrases.