English Language Program details:
- Lessons: 20 lessons per week
- Class size: 15 students
- Lesson duration: 50 minutes
- Levels: beginner to advanced
Junior summer camp in New Haven offers an intensive course with 20 English lessons per week and 4 additional skills for life sessions per week. This makes our summer camp at Yale Univesity perfect for more ambitious learners.
On their first day, students take a test to ensure they are placed in an appropriate level. There are six levels from beginner to advanced.
On arrival, students will also receive a welcome pack including information about the course and a free student bag.
Students will have 4 workshops every week. Each workshop will last for 50 minutes.
The workshops will cover:
- American culture - seen through media and film
- Creative writing - looking particularly at screenplays
- Songs - song writing, lyrics, use of idioms in songs
- Cultural behaviourisms - comparing and contrasting different cultures
- Drama club - pronunciation, stress, intonation, body language
On Mondays and Wednesdays after the workshops, the students will have free time before dinner to chill out, use the computers or go to one of the nearby coffee shops. On Fridays after the one workshop, students will be able to take an optional 'current affairs' discussion workshop or have free time in New Haven, until dinner.
Students will have a progress test in class every two weeks and meet individually with their teacher to review their progress. At the end of the course students will receive a certificate as a record of their English language studies.
All our teachers are university graduates with recognized TEFL certificates, and are extensively briefed on the particular needs of young learners. The language is brought to life through a vibrant and functional approach. In addition to formal language skills training, lessons include project work, videos, games and use of our International's wide variety of modern English language teaching resources.
Our friendly, professional teachers, cutting-edge methods and an interactive and stimulating learning environment all help you to learn quickly. The lessons are fast paced, exciting, and contemporary. They are designed to focus on building your communication skills and confidence in using English.
- Qualified EFL teachers focusing on your learning
- 20 lessons (20.8 hours) of contact teaching each week
- Progress tests and 1:1 coaching with your teacher every 2 weeks to keep you on-track with your progress
- Small multi-national classes (maximum class size of 15) with lots of individual attention
- All textbooks and learning materials included
- Interactive Whiteboards
- In-class preparation for many of the excursions during the week
- End of course Certificates and Reports
Click here for camp Prices and starting dates