All courses are taught in English.
Just as every region of Italy - from Piedmont to Sicily - has its own cultural identity, each also has its own culinary specialties. At our school, we help you develop your own Italian culinary art skills through the celebration of traditional and innovative cooking techniques, all the while promoting the knowledge and enjoyment of Italian regional cuisines and wines.
Learn how to craft a fine meal, using all the tools of the trade: culinary skills development, meal planning, meat and vegetable cutting, knife skills, Italian baking and pastry, fine patisserie, potage, soups and creams, fresh pasta and sauces, wine tasting and appreciation, correct execution of classic recipes and food preservation.
Furthermore, in Tuscania, you can do even more! Get an insider's perspective on the different traditions of the countries in the Mediterranean basin. Learn how to do it all the Mediterranean way: olive oil, herbs and spices, fish and shellfish, vegetarian cuisine, breads - even Mediterranean desserts. Fully immerse yourself in the discovery of new culinary techniques as we at the Culinary and Nutritional Arts Department help guide you toward personal and professional growth.
Culinary Arts Study Abroad Program in Tuscania.
Culinary Arts courses offered in Tuscania (each course is 3 credits / 45 hours):
- Wine and Culture I: Wines of Italy
- Mediterranean Olive Oil, Herbs and Spices
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Italian Through Mediterranean Cooking (in Italian only)
- Vegetarian Cuisine of Mediterranean Countries
- Mediterranean Desserts
- Fish and Shellfish from the Mediterranean Sea
- Etruscan Cuisine
- Bread Making in the Mediterranean Tradition
- Cooking Grains in Mediterranean Style
- A Guide to the Mediterranean Diet
- Mediterranean Food Production
Click here to review Dates and Fees