This program is offered only for closed groups of students arriving together. In 2012, we do not offer this program for individual students.
We offer Junior Summer Course for children from June until October. Program is for children between 12 and 15 and between 15 and 17. Number of participants per class is maximum 12 to 15 students. In these courses the main focus will be on cultural and regional topics, as well as on leisure activities. The courses are offered from 9:00a.m. until 12:15p.m. with a break at 10:30a.m. We plan different programs for outdoors activities in the afternoons , the young people can enjoy their time in Heidelberg during the afternoons, they have diverse alternatives.
They can explore the alleys of the old town or they can visit other German cities like Mannheim, Stuttgart or Frankfurt. Our program includes short cruises on the Neckar, trips to some different cities, barbecues, visits to zoos, parks, museums etc.
If you have any desires or wishes, donīt hesitate to contact us. All the members of the group have to take a test on the first day of school, and the results of the test will determine which course the participant can attend. We try to do our best to satisfy your needs/wishes.
In our course, the teachers usually use the following books: "Stufen International", (Professors from Heidelberg University have worked on these books, teachers in the school use these books as well) and "Auf neuen Wegen" or "Berliner Platz".
Performances (the whole program):
- Language course including teaching materials
- Monday until Friday from 9:00 am until 12:15 am 20 hours a week
- The food offered by the chosen host family
- Leisure activities (including tickets) - From Monday to Wednesday and Friday from 2 pm until 5:30 pm
Different leisure activities will be offered in our program for young people during the period between 2 pm and 5:30 pm. And below are some examples of the outdoors activities offered:
- A welcome party organized with German students
- cruises on the Neckar
- Walking tour through the alleys of the old town
- Visits to the zoo and the museum
- Visits to the Heidelberg castle
- Sport activities on the banks of the Neckar
- Visit to the open-air cinema (only in summer)
- Trips to some German cities like Mannheim , Stuttgart , Frankfurt, Worms , Ladenburg, ect
- Visit to the Holiday Park in Haßloch*
*the participants have to pay the entrance fees
For accommodation you have the choice between:
- host families
- shared apartments
- youth hostels