There's so much more to language learning than just learning German in a classroom situation. We are giving you the full package. Experience Hamburg and the Hamburgians during our cultural program in the afternoons and evenings. We are taking you to museums, art exhibitions, on guided walks, pubcrawls and outings to the Baltic Sea, the North Sea and other places of interest, as for example the old Hanseatic city of Lübeck.
Our Culture Programme with its wide range of activities takes place every week; as many activities are led in German, they give you further opportunity to practice and improve your knowledge of the language. All activities are structured and guided by our school "specialist" - come along and meet her! Here's a quick glance to give you some idea of what we offer:
- Walk from the historical Fish Market in St. Pauli along the river Elbe to Jenischpark, picnic, football, etc.
- Guided sight seeing tour by bus, stopovers at interesting sites, followed by a walk through the old tunnel under the river Elbe (built in 1911) to the free port and back.
- "Town Quiz Hamburg-Altona" - The students are solving tasks in town in small groups, and are getting to know this part of Hamburg with a guided walk and talk on the history of the two «sisters» Hamburg and Altona.
- The pub scene in St. Pauli and Altona - pub quiz, disco and live music. See the Große Freiheit, where the Fab Four started their career.
- Visit to one of Hamburg's top league football clubs "FC St. Pauli" or "Hamburger Sportverein" (HSV).
- Visit to Hamburg´s main theatre «Schauspielhaus», with a view behind the stage and curtains.
- Guided excursion to the concentration camp memorial of Neuengamme and its outpost at the school "Schule am Bullenhuser Damm".