We offer an Intensive 14-week Semester programs during fall and spring semesters. Summer program includes 4 courses that are three credits each. Each course is offered in three weeks (Spanish 101, 201, 301, 401 series). The program is offered only for closed groups of students arriving together.
Spanish 101, 201, 301 and 401 series are our introductory, intermediate, advanced and seminar level programs. At the introductory level, the semester program begins with Spanish 101 and moves through 102, 201, and 202 during the semester. The following semester, the student could take 301, 302, 401, and 402, completing our four levels of Spanish instruction.
400-level courses may be designed with the assistance of the instructor to focus on specific topics and areas of interest, such as:
- Salvadoran Archeology, Pre-Columbian
- Salvadoran History since 1932
- Ecology and Geography of El Salvador
- Political Transitions in El Salvador
- The FMLN and ARENA in the Post-War Period
- Agricultural and Environmental Issues