The Medical Spanish Program includes a combination of medical Spanish classes (20 hours per week / 4 hours per day from Monday to Friday, Spanish lessons focused on medical terms) and rotations at the local military hospital in Manta (morning sessions from 8 am to 12m). The classes involve a basic review of all grammar and Spanish conversational skills. These skills are honed in a medical Spanish context so vocabulary is aumented at the same time.
At the local hospital, it is up to the intern to make the most of the experience. The intern can spend time rotating between specialties such as general medicine, pediatrics, dermatology, orthopedics, gynecology and opthamology. It is possible to observe consultations as well as speciality surgeries. The staff at the hospital is more than willing to teach, but the intern has to make the effort to ask the questions.
- Duration: minimum 2 weeks
- Group size: Individual Spanish instruction
- Required level: beginner / intermediate
- Airport pick in Manta
- Lodging with a family or at the students apartment
- Individual Spanish instruction focused on medical terms (20 hours per week)
- Free Internet service and wi-fi
- Clinical rotations at ?Clinica de la Fae? (20 hours per week)
- Material for classes
- Activities such as dancing and cooking classes