You will study at one of the most prestigious universities in Chile and immerse yourself in Spanish Language and Chilean culture.
The first step to enrolling is to complete an Application form as far in advance as possible. This will insure that there will be space available for you in your selected program.
||end of February - mid December
||Dec. 15, 2009
||March 15 - July 24, 2010*
||Dec. 15, 2009
||August 9 - December 18, 2010*
||Apr. 15, 2010
|January Open Program
||January 4 - 29, 2010
||Nov. 15, 2009
||May 17 - June 18, 2010
||March 15, 2010
||June 21 - July 23, 2010
||April 15, 2010
|* For semester programs students have to arrive one week earlier for Orientation
We accept last minute applications, but please be aware that acceptance of late applications is subject to space availability.
- Knowledge of Spanish: In order to attend regular avademic courses at PUCV, it is advisable to have an adequate knowledge of the Spanish language (that is, at least four semesters of formal instruction). Elementary knowledge of Spanish is advisable for Spanish Language and Culture programs. Spanish language courses are offered for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Health insurance: PUCV provides students with medical and dental services. However, we require international students to get health insurance at home. This insurance coverage should be 100% and for the length of their stay in Chile.
- Visa Requirements: Once the student is accepted at PUCV, he/she will receive an admission letter to be presented to the Chilean Embassy, in order to start the process of getting a student visa. Once students are in Chile there is a 30-day grace period to register at the International Police Office. We recommend students get a student visa if their stay in Chile is longer than 90 days.
How to apply?
You need to complete and return the Application. A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 and a tuition deposit of $300.00 are required with your application. The Tuition Deposit is part of the cost of your program and is deducted from the total program fees. Please note that your application will be considered only when your payment of the application fee and the tuition deposit has been received.
You may apply online via our secure online application form or you can print out a printable application form, complete it and send by mail or fax to the Enrollment Center. You will find links to both forms below:
- Online Secure Application Form. You may apply online if you pay the application and registration fees and the tuition deposit by credit card. We accept VISA and MasterCard. In our Online Secure Form, we utilize the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) authentication and RC4 128 bit encryption technology. SSL encryption protects information being transmitted across the internet to our processing center.
Click here to access our Online Secure Application Form
- Printable Application Form: Click here to access a printable Application Form, print it out from your browser, complete the form and send it by fax or mail to the IPSA Enrollment Center.
Upon receiving your application and required payments, we will send you an e-mail (or fax) confirmation and invoice within four to five business days. The confirmation will contain the details of your program and all pertinent costs. The payment of the balance of fees is due upon receipt of invoice. Your place will be confirmed only when the full payment has been received. Once we receive your full payment, you will be sent an Official Admission Letter.
Payment of Fees
We accept VISA and MasterCard. In our Online Secure Form, we utilize the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) authentication and RC4 128 bit encryption technology. SSL encryption protects information being transmitted across the internet to our processing center. You will find payment details and instructions on the online secure or printable application forms.
You may also pay fees by a certified check, money order or by wire transfer (bank draft). You will find payment details and instructions on the printable application form.
In many cases, it is possible for students to transfer much or all of their financial aid to IPSA study abroad programs presented on this site. However, students should discuss specific plans with study abroad advisers and financial aid counselors well in advance of the program. It is the student's responsibility to understand the home institution's requiremnents and deadlines regarding all financial aid funds.
Students who wish to receive credit for our programs should contact the study abroad office or language department at your college or university prior to starting the program. Present your plan to them asking for detailed requirements on how to arrange credit in advance. With the detailed information from your home-campus, we can typically provide syllabae and other documentation to complete arrangements. Upon completion of your program you will receive an official transcipt from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso - one of the most prestigious universities in Chile.
Return to the Top
Other Terms and Conditions
IPSA and Member Schools are not liable in any cases of force majeure (according to the law) or for actions of the students and their consequences.
It is understood that any participate in a our program will obey the laws of the host country. This of course forbids the use of illegal drugs and alcohol consumption by minors. Students are expected to be courteous and respectful at all times and abusive behavior will not be tolerated. The School reserves the right to expel (without refund) any student whose behavior violates the school's policies or those of special program providers, tour operators, etc. Furthermore, any expenses incurred by the IPSA and the school in terminating the program of a student who violates the center's policies will be the responsibility of the participant.
Cancellation before the course starting date:
Cancellation fees are charged as follows, and any balance is refunded less non-refundable items and bank fees and payment processing charges (if any)
- more than 30 days before the course begins: $300 cancellation fee;
- more than 7, but less than 30 days before the program starting date: cancellation fee in the amount of 30% of the program fees;
- There is no refund if the cancellation received 7 or less days before the program starting date.
In no case money will be refunded once the course and/or lodging has started.
No refund can be given for partial attendance or the discontinuance or interruption of the program.
The School does not reimburse classes that coincide with official holidays.
Return to the Top