We encourage interested students to participate as volunteers for local organizations while in Latin America. Opportunities exist in Chile for helping children's organizations, serving at a soup kitchen, helping the homeless, developing art workshops, etc.
Prior student arrival, you will receive a list of volunteer projects. Student should select 3 options according his/her interest. When student arrives and begins studies we will arrange a visit to selected organizations where student would
qualify. It is up to student to select and be approved by the organization of his/her choice, however we will help to the
best of our abilities. We do not guarantee positions before arrival as student will need to visit organizations beforehand.
All students enrolled in our Spanish immersion programs are eligible to participate in these programs. A minimum of 4 weeks of study is recommended. For complete beginners, minimum study period prior volunteering is 8 weeks.
- Minimum Level: Intermediate
- Minimum duration: 1 month
Volunteer Projects in Chile:
- Children: day cares, orphans (2 minimum), hospital and shelter commodores
- Hospital support: visit, play, cleaning
- Environments: normally is out of the city
- Mature adults: visit and help in general
- Indigenous village: Help in General