ACE TESOL Certificate Program
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program offered at London Language school is an ESL teacher training course with 100 hours of classroom instruction and a 20-hour supervised practicum. The course is offered in an intensive 4-week format or a 10-week part-time format. Full-time programs run Monday to Friday from 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. for four weeks. Part-time programs are offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Using the ACE Method, trainees explore teaching, learning and language through task-based, participatory and interactive experiences. The content is based upon the most recent research in language acquisition and language education.
The following topics are covered in the course:
- Teaching and learning theory
- Current methodology
- Lesson and Unit Planning
- Teaching Language Systems (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, functions)
- Language Skills (speaking, listening, writing, reading)
- Testing and Evaluation
- Preparing Students for Standardized Tests (TOEFL, TOEIC)
Details and Requirements
andidates are assessed on the following: an observation report, grammar knowledge and usage, a unit plan, a lesson plan, and individual teaching. Certification is achieved at a pass, high pass or distinction level.
The ACE TESOL Certificate offered at London Language school meets the guidelines of TESL Canada.
All applicants must possess a secondary school diploma. It is recommended that applicants possess an undergraduate degree. Applicants without an undergraduate degree may be accepted, but will not qualify for TESL Canada certification. Non-native speakers of English must have a demonstrated proficiency in the English language, and will be required to provide proof of English proficiency.
Applicants whose first language is not English can demonstrate English proficiency through results from a standardized test as outlined below:
- TOEFL - CBT 213 / PBT 550, TWE - 5 recommend 5.5, TSE - 60 recommend 60
- TOEFL iBT - 80 overall with a minimum score of 20 in each area
- IELTS - 6.5 overall
- MELAB - 85/speaking test score of 4
- Can Test - Listening, reading, writing 5, speaking 4.5
- CAEL - Band 60 overall with a minimum of 60 in each of the writing and speaking subsets
- Common European Framework - C1
- Canadian Language Benchmarks - CLB 9 in each area
- High school graduation from a Canadian high school, including a minimum Grade 12 English score of 70%
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking University
Apply to the English Language School in London Now!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the English Language School in London, Canada!
Other Schools in Canada
Summer Camps for Kids
and Teens in Canada: