Student House is located two city blocks (3 minutes walking) from the school. It's located on the 22nd floor of a high rise building and has beautiful city and mountain views. The Student House is comprised of private bedrooms, a shared bathroom and kitchen with eating area. All bedrooms are fully furnished private rooms with a single bed, closet space, desk, chair and bedside table.
Not only is the Student House a short walk from the school, but it's also located one block from the C-Train, which is a quick and easy way to get around Calgary. There are also city buses that stop right in front of the Student House building.
There is also a gym and pool located in the building that students are able to access free of charge. The Student House is equipped with free hi-speed wireless Internet access, a phone line and a flat screen cable television located in the eating area. A small grocery store is located in the building at street level. Additionally, there are laundry facilities on every floor of the building which can be used for a small fee ($2.00/wash, $2.00/dry).
A new set of sheets, a pillow, and a blanket is provided for every student upon their arrival at the Student House. Students are then expected to wash and maintain their sheets and pillows. Extra sheets, pillows and blankets can be provided at an extra charge.
It is important for all students living at the Student House to realize some very important points so you know what to expect while staying with us.
- The Student House is an apartment shared with other students. Although we do general cleaning once a week, for the most part, you are responsible for cleaning your room. We cannot vacuum your room if your room's floor is not tidy. The Student House is NOT a hotel and we will not clean your dirty dishes and/or your personal belongings, nor will we tidy your room or your belongings. If you dirty the house and/or your room between our cleaning days, you are responsible for cleaning it.
- Although we provide you with some basic kitchen necessities, we do not provide all kitchen equipment. If you are in need of specific kitchen tools for cooking, you will need to provide your own. We provide cutlery, plates, bowls, cups and some other basic cooking and food preparation tools. We do not provide pots and pans in the kitchen. There is also a refrigerator, an oven, a stove and a microwave.
- No outside company is allowed at the Student House. The apartment lacks a common area for exactly this purpose. There are to be no house parties or large gatherings at the apartment. Aside from the kitchen and eating area, there is no common space in the apartment.
- If you are arriving on the weekend, you will have to make sure you have the right information from us, or from your agency, for getting room keys. There is no front desk or reception. Students who use our airport reception service will be given keys by their driver.
- A $250.00 security deposit is required by all students staying at the Student House on their first day of arrival at school. Your security deposit can only be accepted by credit card and is returned to you after a damage inspection is completed by a staff member upon your departure from the Student House.