There are lots of things to do in Hasselt. You may like to have some vacation while learning French, German or Dutch in our school. In addition to you language studies, we can help you to organise your vacation!
If you'd like, you can register for extra language classes on Saturday morning or play golf at one of the 4 golf courses in the Province. Additionally Hasselt and its surroundings offer plenty of attractions to explore. We do not organize these excursions for you, but can help you organize your trip or put you in touch with our partner travel agency.
The town center of Hasselt is not large but very sociable. The center is mostly car-free and contains a number of historical buildings. Among the oldest buildings in the town centre are the St. Quentin's Cathedral and the "Herkenrode Abbey refuge house". The "Grote Markt" and the nearby streets are lined with pubs, restaurants and taverns.
Monuments, parks and public fields include:
- The abbey of Herkenrode in Kuringen
- The Airfield of Kiewit
- The different historical buildings and museums in the city
- The Japanese garden
- The Kapermolenpark
- The National Bank of architect Henri van Dievoet.
- The nature field Kiewit
- The Refugehuis of the abbey of Herkenrode
- The St. Quentin's Cathedral
- The town park, to the cultural centre
- The Virga Jesse Basilica
- National jenever museum
- Urban Fashion museum
- Municipal Carillon Museum
- Museum of the 'Heilig Paterke'