Our High School Preparation (HSP) course prepares students 13 to 17 years of age who do not have the English level needed to enter a government or private Australian high school. The course will teach students the English and academic skills needed to achieve success and will:
- Focus on Australian study methods and culture
- Increase their confidence and help them adapt to life in their new high school
- Combine intensive English language study with English for specific Australian high school subjects including Maths, Science, Human Society, Personal Development and Health and Computer Studies
- Improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills so they can successfully study the subjects of Australian high schools
- Include weekly educational and cultural excursions, and a structured sports program
- Provide them with course books, workbooks and the latest learning materials to help with their English studies
Our high school students study together in their own section of the college, with well-equipped classrooms and a science, art and cooking room. They enjoy meeting students of their own age in our large HSP student area.
Our HSP teachers are very experienced in teaching juniors. The teachers create a disciplined but friendly and supportive learning environment to help students prepare well for entry to high school.
Why study HSP with us?
- A high quality program with an excellent reputation
- Pathways and packages with NSW government and prestigious private high schools - no need to sit an IELTS test
- Regular briefings on "An Introduction to Australian High Schools" AND the opportunity to participate in classes and activities at Australian high schools
- Successful graduates - 4 students on the 2007 HSC Honour Roll
- Regular reports to parents and carers on student progress