You can learn how to surf in Byron Bay. Try to ride some of the best waves on the East coast of Australia. Popular surf location include The Pass, Wategoes Beach, Cosy Corner and Broken Head. World famous big wave Lennox HEad is 10 minutes drive from Byron Bay. This is only for advanced surfers.
The surfing courses offer qualified instruction in surfing and body boarding. Our surf courses give you all equipment including a surfboard or bodyboard, wetsuit, rash vest and transport. They will teach you about the ocean through body surfing, body boarding and riding a surf board.
Surfing Byron Bay is the only accredited Surfing Australia School in the Byron Bay area. It offers excellence in surf safety and quality coaching. Our instructors are highly skilled and fully qualified with numerous years of surfing experience. They bring these experiences and knowledge to you through the learn to surf classes.
(The course is dependant on surf and weather conditions. It may be changed.)
- DAY 1 - Surf rescues.
- DAY 2 - Basic techniques and water skills. Prone to standing.
- DAY 3 - Goofy or natural. Your position in the surf.
- DAY 4 - Refining techniques. Paddling and catching own waves.
- DAY 5 - Basic maneuvers. Turning on forehand and backhand.
- DAY 6 - Wave selection skills. Reading the waves.
- DAY 7 - Review day. The total surfer.
- DAY 8 - Expression Session.
Each student who completes the course will receive a Certificate of Completion and information on safe surfing in the local area.
- 2 weeks part time General English
- 8 day Learn To Surf program
- All equipment, wetsuit, sunscreen
Suitability: This course is most suitable for beginner surfers