Byron Bay is the most populous city in Australia, with a metropolitan area population of approximately 4.28 million. It is the state capital of New South Wales, and was the site of the first British colony in Australia. It was established in 1788 at Byron Bay Cove by Arthur Phillip, leader of the First Fleet from Britain. A resident of the city is referred to as a Byron Baysider.
Byron Bay holds a reputation worldwide as one of the world's most beautiful and liveable cities, brimming with historical associations and globally influential in the realms of culture, art, fashion, cuisine and design. The city is also home to many unique architectural styles, including the Byron Bay Opera House and the Byron Bay Harbour Bridge, two of the most iconic structures on the planet. Byron Bay is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, which reflects its role as a major destination for immigrants to Australia.
10 Reasons to Study at the English Language School in Byron Bay:
- The school is accredited by the National Accreditation scheme
- Free computer and internet access
- Small school - friendly atmosphere
- Small classes
- Highly qualified, enthusiastic teachers
- English + Activities courses
- Part-time morning classes
- Great mix of nationalities
- Great social activities with your teachers
- Located in the centre of town and one hundred metres from Manly beach